Cutting back production and right-sizing brands and lineups is just one aspect of the restructuring underway at the hands of the U.S. federal government. Earlier this week hard cuts in both labor and dealership numbers were discussed, foreshadowing the next steps to come, and today a Chrysler memo revealed that up to 789 dealers will be eliminated by June 9. In a conference call on the matter, Chrysler’s vice chairman and president Jim Press and North American sales and marketing chief Steven Landry discussed how the changes would be made, and what would happen to the inventory at the closed dealers. Click here for the list of dealers on the chopping block. Continue reading
- A thank you for great advice…
- Make Mine a Jeep: P.J. O’Rourke’s Ode to the Wrangler – Feature – Auto Reviews – Car and Driver
- Expansion effort underway. Chicken or egg?
- Legal driving age (ages 16-18)
- The young car guy (aged 12-15)
- Customer Service – Now missing from American retail.
- The early days of a car guy. (me 5-11)
- Welcome to 2010 – time to change this blog!
- 2011 Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG
- Limited-edition Porsche 911 Sport Classic marks return of the ducktail